JOB DESCRIPTION: GOCAMP DIRECTOR OF GROWTH MARKETING
Designed to make camping easy, GoCamp is a premium camper van rental company established in 2017 that has experienced exponential growth ever since. The idea for this woman-led company was born directly from founder Deborah Kane’s own life as a camper van owner and Airbnb host. Why not combine the two? GoCamp’s peer-to-peer platform enables van owners to earn extra income by renting out their camper vans, and gives renters an opportunity to experience #vanlife without having to purchase a van of their own.
Unlike the free for all on other sites, GoCamp’s fleet is select and curated, featuring only the very best camper vans. With a wide variety of choices—from old-school Volkswagen Vanagons to newer Mercedes-Benz Sprinters and much more—no two GoCamp vans are alike. But all are fully outfitted with everything a renter would need to hop in and go. Camping made easy indeed.
We’re looking for an analytically-driven Director of Growth Marketing to lead our marketing team and drive the strategy behind our demand generation efforts. In this role, you will be a key member of GoCamp’s leadership team and will work closely with the CEO & COO to build and execute on our growth marketing, messaging, and positioning strategies.
As Director of Growth Marketing, you’ll be responsible for growing the supply and demand sides of our camper van sharing marketplace. You will drive the creation of grassroots, organic, and paid promotional strategies, own a six-figure marketing budget, and lead a group of internal and external team members to significantly raise brand awareness and generate quality leads.
This role is for you if you’re someone who sees, and then leverages, the missed opportunities that others in the market overlook. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing acquisition ad channels at scale, and applying a quantitative approach to performance marketing. This candidate has a track record of outside-the-box thinking and thrives in a fast-moving scrappy organization.
As the Director of Growth Marketing, your main goals are to:
- Emphasize customer loyalty and advocacy
- Grow the customer base effectively and sustainably
- Focus on the sales funnel top to bottom, establishing the marketing department as a key revenue generator
- Use a data-driven approach to refine and enhance our marketing efforts
- Create and maintain the highest standard of excellence for how GoCamp shows up and engages as a brand and business
In true start up fashion, you will wear many hats in this role. We are looking for someone who can contribute to the big picture strategy, but is also capable of executing on a tactical level.
This is a full-time, salaried position that includes profit sharing based on performance.
Reports to: CEO
Location: Remote &/or in the office, TBD based on location
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
The GoCamp Director of Growth Marketing will:
- Work alongside the leadership team to build a results-driven growth marketing function and effective customer campaigns.
- Drive all lead generation efforts, including setting strategy, developing forecasts, executing, and measuring results.
- Create, manage and monitor performance for all lead generation initiatives including email campaigns, content marketing, nurture programs, events, SEO, and SEM/paid channels to drive revenue and increase customer engagement.
- Manage brand and media partnerships that consist of vetting new opportunities and providing the plan and recommendations to build long-term partnerships.
- Own end-to-end execution of campaigns, including ad brief concepting, implementation, optimization, reporting, and analysis.
- Oversee rigorous creative testing and optimization experiments to maximize media spend and continue meeting our KPIs as we scale.
- Bring creative ideas to the table on how we can generate new leads, increase engagement, and retain customers. Innovate other scalable approaches to driving revenue growth and performance (i.e. growth-hack).
- Hire, manage, and develop a dynamic team of internal staff and external contractors to support GoCamp’s marketing efforts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Customer Service and Owner Success teams to share insights, test performance, and drive consistent creation of new creatives.
WHO WILL SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- You’ve been on enough marketing teams that you know what the right mix of talents and strategies looks like. It’s time for you to leverage your networks and build your own dream team. People most likely to succeed in this role possess:
- Passion for our mission and small startup environment. You’re someone who thrives in a fast-moving scrappy organization.
- A strong balance of right and left brain. You are highly creative with the ability to use insights to drive strategic decision making.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You love problem-solving, coming up with creative solutions, and wearing “many hats”.
- An independent streak. You’ll have all the support you need, but you will not be micro-managed.
In addition to the above, successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelors in marketing, business, or related field.
- 7 – 10 years experience in digital marketing and/or demand generation, and 3+ years of people management experience. Start up experience is a plus.
- Performance-oriented with a track record of building comprehensive reporting and dashboards to drive data-driven optimization and investment decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage leads, funnels, nurture strategies, drip marketing, digital, online, and live events.
- Hands-on experience with tools like Hubspot, Klaviyo, Google Analytics, Facebook ads, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Experience managing an internal team as well as contractors and/or creative agencies.
- Sharp attention to detail with exceptional project management skills.
- Background in the outdoor travel space, vacation rental industry, and/or peer-to-peer marketplaces is a strong plus.
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to two free camper van trips a year
- Flexible WFO/WFH options
Salary range: $110,000 – 130,000 annual salary + performance-based bonus.