Go on a Lark with Lars
This 2012 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van oozes charm and goodness. Lars was built by a father-son duo who poured their hearts and souls into creating a perfect home on wheels. In the year before joining the GoCamp fleet, Lars’s owners lived in the van for a year, touring the West. So it’s got everything you need (we’re not exaggerating!), especially if you want to go off-the-grid for a few days.
- 200AH 12V battery system with isolator and 340W of rooftop solar (as long as the sun shines, you’ll have power for your interior systems)
- Shore power (3,000W inverter)
- 12v refrigerator
- Sink with hot water (shower attachment for nice, hot outdoor showers)
- 30 gallon freshwater tank
- 5 gallon gray water tank
- 20lb propane tank (vented and boxed)
- Propane stove (two burners)
- Nature’s Head composting toilet
- Almost queen-sized bed with memory foam (couch base pulls out to allow cushions to lie flat)
- Ample closet and storage space, including headliner shelf
- Dimmable LED lighting
- Swivel passenger seat and small portable table
- Rear air conditioning (perfect for those unbearably hot days, engine must be running for this feature)
- MaxxAir fan
- Two rear windows with screens
- Tow hitch (yes, you can tow a small storage or sleeping trailer)
- Rooftop lawn (climb the ladder to sit on the grassy roof and enjoy a sunset view)
- Stereo with Apple CarPlay, a subwoofer, new speakers, hands free talking/texting/Siri
- Backup camera
Lars is named after the owner’s father, Larry, who did most of the customization work. When they built out this van, they built it to live out of… so you’ll enjoy the many comforts they lovingly put into Lars.
At a Glance
- Seats: 2
- Sleeps: 2
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- One-Way: No
- Transmission: Automatic
- Length: 22 feet
- Drive: 2WD (rear)
- Fuel: Diesel
- May-Sept Minimum Nights: 3
- Oct-April Minimum Nights: 2
- Air Conditioner
- Audio Inputs
- Backup Camera
- Ceiling Fan
- Dining Table
- 5 gallon Gray Water Tank
- Kitchen Sink
- Leveling Jacks
- Outside Shower
- Stove / Range
- Tow Hitch
- 30 gallon Water Tank
Hop in and Go
All vans are considered “road trip ready.” Whether you are flying in from out of town or looking to explore your own backyard, all you really need to do is stop for groceries before hitting the road. All cookware and tableware is included, as is bedding and a wide array of camping gear. You’ll be sent a detailed list of all the items included in the van before your trip so you can plan accordingly. Select any of the optional add-ons listed below when completing your reservation.
2+ DriversYour reservation already includes costs to verify up to two drivers. Will you have more than two drivers? Add additional driver verifications to your reservation.$10.00
Add a half day to your rentalRental days are based on a 24-hour period. If you pick up at 10 am you are generally expected to return at 10 am. Want to pick up your van in the morning, but drop it off in the evening? Add a half day to your rental.$100.00
Pet feeThis van is pet-friendly.$125.00
Portable awningPortable awning shades the sun and provides rain protection.$35.00
Airport pick upThe owner of this vehicle offers airport pick up by request.$40.00
Airport drop offThe owner of this vehicle offers airport drop off by request.$40.00
Book Your Trip
Pick Up and Drop Off
Rentals are Calculated on a 24-hour Basis: The rental period is generally considered to be 24 hours. If you pick up the van at 10 am, you’ll be expected to return it around 10 am. Most van owners can accommodate requests for a few extra hours at $20/hour. Alternatively, if you want to pick up in the morning and drop off in the evening, simply select the optional half day add-on when completing your reservation.
Pick Up and Drop Off Time: There is no set pick up and drop off time. You’ll make arrangements suited to your needs and schedule with the van’s owner. You can indicate your preferred pick up and drop off time when completing your reservation; final arrangements will be confirmed with the van’s owner.
How to Have the Best Time Ever
Need inspiration on where to go? Or help in selecting a campground? We’ve got you covered! Be sure to visit our Stories page for suggested routes and the inside skinny on how to have the most fun ever!
Updated as of March 2020. In light of concerns related to traveling during the novel coronavirus outbreak, we are waiving all cancellation and change fees. Whether you can cancel or change your camper van trip if you need to is something you can take off your worry list. We hope this situation ends soon, and we also hope you are able to get a break from it all in a camper van.
We will revert to our standard cancellation policy at a later time.