Big fun in big sur
Big Sur is the perfect way to experience California’s natural splendor. This Eurovan Weekender has been well maintained and fastidiously serviced by trusted German automotive specialists. The interior sleeps two, seats up to seven, and the pop-up table provides a great gathering spot, rain or shine.
The bench seat pulls out into a comfy 58” x 74” bed. The included 3-season tent sleeps two comfortably on the 4”-thick Exped MegaMat Duo 10 sleeping pad, voted the “best car camping mattress for couples” by Outdoor Gear Lab. Bedding for both the van and the tent includes snuggly, warm blankets and custom pillowcases. You’ll also get a full set of snap-on curtains for privacy. And the CD stereo has a stereo jack (cable with lightning-adapter included) and USB ports (lightning and micro-USB cables included) so you can connect your phone or other audio devices when you want to queue up the music as you are rolling along
Big Sur is chock full of items to enhance your experience, including:
- An “Adventure Library” of more than a half dozen outdoor guides for hiking, biking, and sightseeing to provide additional inspiration for exploration.
- Thoughtful touches like silk eye masks and hand-sewn fanciful pillowcases for when it’s time to turn in from said adventures.
- The finest Bay Area coffee — complete with a hand grinder for the freshest experience — for when it’s time to get *your* engine going the next day.
- A JBL bluetooth speaker for seamless listening inside or outside the van.
- Luci solar-powered string lights for creating just the right lighting at camp.
- Kelty Noah’s Tarp for the flexibility to create additional shade or shelter for cooking on inclement days.
A few upgrades make this van a great choice for those looking for an adventure getaway:
- The included extra-wide Yakima roof rack with MegaWarrior cargo basket gives you the flexibility to securely stow luggage overhead, giving you more space to stretch out inside the van, or to haul extra bikes or other bulky sports equipment. A pair of heavy-duty tie-down straps and a pair of heavy-duty hook straps are included.
- The 2″ receiver hitch provides extra flexibility for attaching additional bike racks or storage boxes (not included).
- Optional: The Fiamma rear-mounted bike rack can hold two bikes while allowing for access to the trunk without having to unload bikes and without obstructing the rear license plate.
Big Sur’s owner fell in love with the California coastline when she moved from New York to California over 15 years ago. We’re betting you will too with Big Sur as your California companion.
At a Glance
- Seats: 7
- Sleeps: 2
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- One-Way: No
- Transmission: Automatic
- Length: 16 feet
- Drive: 2WD
- Fuel: Gas
- May-Sept Minimum Nights: 4
- Oct-April Minimum Nights: 2
- Air Conditioner
- Audio Inputs
- Bike Rack
- CD Player
- Dining Table
- Tow Hitch
Hop in and Go
All vans are considered “road trip ready.” Whether you are flying in from out of town or looking to explore your own backyard, all you really need to do is stop for groceries before hitting the road. All cookware and tableware is included, as is bedding and a wide array of camping gear. You’ll be sent a detailed list of all the items included in the van before your trip so you can plan accordingly. Select any of the optional add-ons listed below when completing your reservation.
2+ DriversYour reservation already includes costs to verify up to two drivers. Will you have more than two drivers? Add additional driver verifications to your reservation.$10.00
Add a half day to your rentalRental days are based on a 24-hour period. If you pick up at 10 am you are generally expected to return at 10 am. Want to pick up your van in the morning, but drop it off in the evening? Add a half day to your rental.$100.00
Pet feeThis vehicle is pet friendly. Bring Rover!$125.00
Bike RackThe Fiamma rear-mounted bike rack can hold two bikes while allowing for access to the trunk without having to unload bikes and without obstructing the rear license plate.$45.00
ShiftPod2 pop-up yurtNeed extra camp sleeping? This glamping superstar fits up to 6 people!$100.00
4" Foam Mattress for use in ShiftPod2Add some extra comfort and get a great night's sleep. It won't feel like camping! Full-size trifold mattress 73 x 52 x 4
Folding Full-size platform bed frame for use in ShiftPod2All the comforts of home! 75 x 54 x 14$20.00
Dog packageTravel dog bed
Pop-up zippered dog tent, fits up to 80-lb dog
Rear seat cover
Extra towel for your dog
Book Your Trip
Pick Up and Drop Off
Rentals are Calculated on a 24-hour Basis: The rental period is generally considered to be 24 hours. If you pick up the van at 10 am, you’ll be expected to return it around 10 am. Most van owners can accommodate requests for a few extra hours at $20/hour. Alternatively, if you want to pick up in the morning and drop off in the evening, simply select the optional half day add-on when completing your reservation.
Pick Up and Drop Off Time: There is no set pick up and drop off time. You’ll make arrangements suited to your needs and schedule with the van’s owner. You can indicate your preferred pick up and drop off time when completing your reservation; final arrangements will be confirmed with the van’s owner.
How to Have the Best Time Ever
Need inspiration on where to go? Or help in selecting a campground? We’ve got you covered! Be sure to visit our Stories page for suggested routes and the inside skinny on how to have the most fun ever!
You can reschedule your reservation without penalty. You can cancel the vehicle for a full refund, less a 5% service fee, up to 14 days prior to the rental. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the rental, you will receive a refund for 50% of the rental fee. Cancellations must be made in writing.
We are unable to offer refunds for shortened trips if for some reason (e.g. weather, change in schedule) you return the vehicle early.